We're closing down Main Street and hosting a Holiday Stroll!
Saturday, December 1 ~ 5-8pm
Make plans now to join us!
Saturday, December 1 from 5-8pm -- Join us downtown to experience Main Street on foot. Shop at our local stores, eat at your favorite restaurants, enjoy the holiday lights and celebrate the winter season!
Where to park? All of our municipal lots will be open and waiting for you, as well as the parking garage.
A parking map is available here.
There is also parking available on downtown side streets, and on-street parking on Elm, Green and West Streets near Smith College.
In Front of City Hall:
* 5:00pm - Sacred Harp
* 6:00pm - Amandla
* 6:50pm - UMass Gospel Choir
Inside the Unitarian Society (220 Main Street):
* 5:00pm - Wild Thyme
* Bobby D and Sheryl Stanton
* Tom Dews
* Zach Ware
* Peter Nelson
* Claire Dacey & J.M. Field
Inside the Christian Science Society (46 Center Street):
* 5:00pm - Whole Children's Joyful Chorus
* 5:30pm - Florence Community Band
* 6:00pm - Nadine Shank and Friends:
* Emma Adler, clarinet * Maki Matsui, soprano
* Nick Suosso, saxophone * Wayne Smith, cello
In front of First Churches (129 Main Street):
* 5:00pm - Valley Rock Voices
Inside First Churches Sanctuary (129 Main Street):
* 6:30 - 8:00pm - Acapella Jam, sponsored by Florence Bank, featuring:
* Northampton High School's Northamptones
* Williston Wild Chords
* UMass Vocal Suspects
* 8:00pm - Fiddle Orchestra of Western Massachusetts
In front of Cathy Cross:
* DJ Quintessential, 6-8pm
Artisan Gallery (162 Main Street):
* 5:00-6:30pm - Joseph Ricker, guitarist
Le BonNton (5 Old South Street):
* 5:00-6:00pm - Paradise Valley Viola Choir
APE Gallery (126 Main Street):
* 5:00pm - Green Street Brew
* 5:30-6:30pm - Amherst College Madrigal Singers
Birdhouse Music (164 Main Street):
* 5:00pm - Cai Sherley, singer-songwriter
* 5:30pm - Tom & Corrie Smith
Faces (175 Main Street):
* 5:00-6:00pm - Smith College Smithereens
* 6:00-7:00pm - AEIOUkes
Sam's Pizzeria and Cafe (235 Main Street):
* 6:00pm - Hampshire College Chorus
Coldwell Banker (112 Main Street):
* Zak Trojano, guitarist and singer
Performing at outdoor spots all around downtown:
* On That Note
* Westhampton Good Works
* Amherst College Sabrinas
* UMass Dynamics
* Fire Pits & S'mores!
* Viva Fresh Pasta's cannoli!
* Crackerbarrel Alley Takeover by UMass
* Iconica Social Club - goods for sale at the top of Crackerbarrel Alley
* Hits 94.3 karaoke - in front of old City Hall
* PIE BAR!
* Child-friendly holiday games with Northampton Parks & Recreation Department
* Ed Popielarczyk & holiday-themed balloons! Penguins! Snowmen! Candy Canes!
* Crafts and Read-Alouds with Forbes Library!
* Kid games and activities with the Hampshire Regional YMCA
* Amazing eats by Belly of the Beast!
* Northampton Brewery Elves handing out surprises!
* Smithsonian Café and Chowder House - 20% off all food, drink and gift certificates, ONLY during the Stroll!
* Glazed Doughnut Shop - Hand's On Baking Event! Join baker Sam Coates-Finke of Backyard Bread - learn how to shape and make sweet cardamom rolls, and everybody who helps gets to take a roll, fresh out of the oven, home with them.